10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Johannes Eisele/Getty Images
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get the day's top stock and crypto news in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly markets analysis.
1. Global stocks rise to record highs as economic optimism returns. See what markets are doing today.
2. India's central bank confirms cryptocurrency trading isn't banned. A three-year-old circular that barred banks from crypto transactions is no longer valid, the Reserve Bank of India said.
3. The correction in tech stocks could have further to run, Deutsche Bank says. Don't blame rising interest rates for the ongoing weakness in tech stocks, which has instead been driven by relative earnings growth and extended valuations, it said.
4. The pandemic has made cryptocurrencies more attractive to investors. But the biggest barrier to entry is a lack of knowledge, a survey showed.
5. Crypto volatility can be disturbing. Here's how price swings affected investors, traders, miners, and DeFi companies in the past few weeks.
6. Earnings expected. Zoom Video Communications and Hewlett Packard Enterprise are highlights.
7. On the data docket. The OPEC meeting, US Purchasing Managers Index, and a speech by Fed Governor Lael Brainard are due.
8. A senior crypto trader at a $500 million digital asset manager shares his favorite trading strategies to generate 'riskless profits.' Wave Financial's Justin Chuh outlines the 3 sectors of the nascent market that he's most bullish on.
9. Bank of America has pinpointed a handful of companies poised to dominate as the economy opens and inflation heats up. Its analysts say buy these 36 dirt-cheap small- and mid-cap stocks right now.
10. Inside the largest virtual crypto gathering this year: Ark Invest CEO Cathie Wood and NFL legend Tom Brady break down why they're doubling down on crypto despite recent volatility – and share the opportunities on their radar.
Source: Read Full Article