A running list of stores that offer free online returns during the holidays
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Due to the novel coronavirus and shelter-in-place orders, more people are shopping online than ever before.
- However, shopping online can be tricky since you don't get to see, try on, or test items in person before purchasing.
- Shop worry-free at these stores offering free online returns, including Amazon, Nordstrom, Target, Sephora, Dell, and more.
- Read more: 16 online retailers that offer fast and free in-store and curbside pickup — including Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Neiman Marcus, and more
Since most Americans are currently following shelter-in-place and self-isolation guidelines, that means heading to the store in person to pick up items has become increasingly challenging. Instead, online shopping is skyrocketing for everything from clothes to groceries and alcohol. But online shopping presents the challenge of not getting to see items in person before purchasing, which can leave shoppers hesitant and wary of buying. Let's face it, we've all probably experienced the disappointment of an item showing up and looking nothing like online photos, or being so ill-fitting it's unwearable.
These companies ease worries and allow you to see items from the comfort of your home before deciding to keep them by offering free online returns. Many are also extending return windows. To take advantage of the free return policies, you'll need an at-home printer to print a return mailing label. If you don't already have a reliable printer, consider one of these options — our top pick is just $50.
Use this running list that covers everything from beauty retailers to home goods stores to alleviate any of your online shopping concerns and hit purchase without any need to panic. Stores are listed by category and in alphabetical order.
Get free online returns on orders at these nationwide stores:
Style & clothing
- ALDO: If you're eyeing a new pair of shoes from ALDO you can order online worry-free. If you don't love your items, simply start a return request with your order number online. You will then be sent a free UPS label via email along with instructions for any returns.
- Allbirds: The buzzy shoe brand allows returns for 30 days with no questions asked, even if you've already worn the shoes around. You can return or exchange any shoes for free that aren't to your liking.
- Bonobos: Men's clothing and accessories store Bonobos includes a pre-paid return label with every order for hassle-free returns. They have also temporarily extended their return period to 90 days.
- Bloomingdale's: Bloomingdale's has one of the best return policies of any store. You can return an order for free for up to a full year. Just print a mailing label at home for your order.
- Everlane: All purchases from the popular clothing brand Everlane can be returned for free for up to 90 days. That even includes Choose What You Pay purchases. Plus, you can also return anything you bought at a brick-and-mortar store via mail. Do note that while you have 90 days to initiate a return, once you start a return online and print your shipping label your package must be sent in within 30 days.
- Macy's: Macy's offers free and easy returns on most items by mail. Just print a pre-addressed shipping label and send your items back. They've also extended their return window from 30 to 90 days.
- Neiman Marcus: Almost all merchandise can be returned to Neiman Marcus free of charge if received within 15 days of the delivery date. However, you may want to double-check their return policy as a few items aren't eligible for free returns, including anything bought on clearance.
- Nordstrom: The department store offers free returns in the US via a postage-paid return label. Your return is generally processed within 10-14 days.
- Patagonia: Outdoor clothing retailer Patagonia offers free returns on all items. Even better, they also usually offer free repairs on all Patagonia items, though this program has temporarily been suspended due to the novel coronavirus. They do, however, have free DIY repair guides online.
- REI: If you're not satisfied with any purchase from REI, you can return it for up to a full year for free. Return shipping labels come with all invoices. The only exception is outdoor electronics, which can be returned for free within 90 days.
- Shopbop: Shopbop is known for designer women's fashion apparel, which means items often come with a high price tag. Luckily, any items you don't love can be returned for free with a pre-paid shipping label within 30 days.
- Sunglass Hut: With summer on the horizon, you may be eyeing new frames from Sunglass Hut, the sunglass retailer that carries brands from Ray-Ban to Gucci. Shop with confidence knowing you can return items for free for up to 90 days with a printed shipping label.
- Urban Outfitters: Returning items to Urban Outfitters is easy. Just start a return online and print a free pre-paid shipping label. They have also temporarily extended their return window so you have up to 60 days.
- Zappos: Zappos has long been heralded as a gold standard for customers when it comes to returns. Return shipping is always free and you have 365 days to do so for all purchases – no exceptions.
Read all Business Insider style reviews
Home, kitchen, and pet supplies
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Bed Bath & Beyond offers free return shipping on most items. They've also extended their return window by 60 days so you now have 240 days to decide if you like your purchases. There are a few exceptions to the policy or items with shorter return windows like strollers and electronics, so check the policy to make sure all your items qualify for the 240-day window.
- Chewy: Pet owners will be pleased to learn that returns to Chewy are easy. If you're not completely satisfied with your items, you can return them free of charge within one year. Just send a message with your order number to receive a shipping label.
- Home Depot: While there are a few exceptions for bigger items, many orders are eligible for free online returns. Once you start a return you'll receive a free UPS shipping label via email to print and attach to your package.
- Target: Shoppers at Target have a full year to return or exchange Target-owned and -exclusive brands. Print a free return shipping label online.
- Walmart: Walmart makes it simple to return items for free. Just log into your account, initiate a return or replacement, and print a free return label. Refunds or replacement items are issued as soon as the store receives the item.
- Williams Sonoma: Foodies and home chefs will like that Williams Sonoma allows for free returns by mail within 30 days for any items under 70 pounds. You can use the form attached to your invoice or quickly print a label online.
Read all Business Insider kitchen reviews & home good reviews
- Apple: Products purchased through Apple's site that are received between November 10 and December 25, 2020 may be returned up to January 8, 2021. Just log into your account, select the product you want to return, and print the free return shipping label.
- Amazon: Millions of shoppers flocked to Amazon to shop during Black Friday and for gifts during the upcoming holiday season. This year, Amazon, like many other retailers, are extending their return windows. Items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Plus, Amazon offers multiple ways to return products without boxes or labels.
- Best Buy: Items purchased between now and January 2, 2021, can be returned for free through January 16, 2021. Shoppers can return items in the store, at the curb, or through the mail. You can print out a return shipping label by logging into your account, selecting the item you'd want to return, and following the instructions.
- Dell: It can be nerve-wracking to buy pricey electronics sight unseen, but you can shop easy at Dell. Ship any items back for free within 30 days of your invoice date for a full refund.
Read all Business Insider tech reviews
- Sephora: Makeup and skincare junkies will love that Sephora.com purchases can easily be returned completely free of charge using a pre-paid shipping label. They've also extended their usual 30-day return window to 60 days temporarily.
Read all Business Insider beauty reviews
Subscribe to our newsletter.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article