Disney100: Company’s Centennial Celebration To Kick Off At Parks; Dates And Events Announced For Disneyland
Disney’s 100th Anniversary will kick off at Disneyland on January 27, 2023, the company announced today. “The heart of the celebration at Disneyland Resort,” the parks division statement read in part, with special limited-time offerings taking place throughout the resort all year long.
Dubbed the Disney100 celebration, some of the special offerings include the following:
- Platinum-infused décor throughout the resort, new sparkling looks for Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals, special food and beverage offerings, merchandise and more.
- The original Sleeping Beauty Castle will be dressed for the anniversary with platinum banners and bunting, accented by a cabochon featuring the three Good Fairies who illuminate it with shimmering pixie dust. Two water fountains will appear either side of the moat, while a wishing star will sparkle from the tower above.
- Disneyland Resort guests will be privy to two all-new nighttime spectaculars, “World of Color – One” and “Wondrous Journeys,” both of which will include new original songs. Details on these were unveiled by Parks and Experiences honcho Josh D’Amaro at D23 last month.
- The new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will open on Jan. 27, before Mickey’s Toontown reopens this spring.
- The “Magic Happens” parade will return to Disneyland park.
In a move likely to prove unpopular among Disneyland fans, the company also announced that theme park reservation availability for Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park is currently paused for dates beyond Jan. 8, 2023, and will resume for guests in the coming weeks.
Disney Parks News At D23: First Looks At New & Potential 'Coco,' 'Frozen,' 'Moana,' 'Zootopia' & "Villains" Attractions
Must Read Stories
Young Arthur Conan Doyle Series Based On Origin Books In Works At Imagine Kids+Family
Viggo Mortensen To Direct Vicky Krieps In Western ‘The Dead Don’t Hurt’
Producers & Halyna Hutchins Estate Settle; Filming To Resume; Criminal Probe Continues
‘Scrubs’ Co-EP Eric Weinberg Gets Court Date On 18 Counts Of Sexual Assault In L.A.
Read More About:
Source: Read Full Article