Best Black Friday phone deals 2022: The best offers on Apple, Samsung and Google mobiles | The Sun
BLACK Friday is next week and there's always a lot of cracking phone deals available.
So if you're looking to upgrade, now's the perfect time to pick up a top-class offer from Apple, Samsung or Google – we've got the best Black Friday phone deals listed below.
As each year goes by, the Black Friday sale period grows ever longer, with many retailers rolling out their deals from the start of November.
As a general rule, the week of Black Friday is when most of the top deals will be live and it is the best time to start looking out for phone deals.
Generally the best place to look for phone deals at any time of year is one of the major phone retailers, however during Black Friday you can also find some great offers by heading directly to the official networks.
Best Black Friday Day phone deals
Best Black Friday iPhone deals
We know that Apple is a name that's resolutely at the top of lots of shopping lists this Black Friday.
While prices are always much steeper for iPhones over any Android equivalent, the November sales are a perfect time to find them for just a little bit less than usual – especially on older handsets like the iPhone 11 or 12.
- Apple iPhone 14: 100GB data, £46 per month, £0 upfront (Three) – buy from Fonehouse
- Apple iPhone 14: 350GB data, £43 per month, £9 upfront (Vodafone) – buy from Fonehouse
- Apple iPhone 14: 100GB data, £37 per month, £120 upfront (Vodafone) – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Apple iPhone 14 Pro: 250GB data, £55 per month, £79 upfront (Vodafone) – buy from Carphone Warehouse
- Apple iPhone 13: 100GB data, £38 per month, £9.99 upfront (Vodafone) – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro: 100GB data, £59 per month, £149 upfront (id Mobile) – buy from Carphone Warehouse
- (Flash sale) Apple iPhone 12: 100GB data, £29 per month, £39 upfront (Three) – buy from Affordable Mobiles
- Apple iPhone 12: 250GB data, £36 per month, £0 upfront (Vodafone) – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Apple iPhone 11: 105GB data, £23 per month, £0 upfront (Three) – buy from Buymobiles
- Apple iPhone SE (2022) – 100GB data, £22 per month, £0 upfront (Three) – buy from Affordable Mobiles
- Apple iPhone SE (2020) – £19 per month, £19 upfront – buy from Vodafone
For a wider selection of pay-monthly plans, head to our iPhone Black Friday deals page, or our iPhone 13 Black Friday deals and iPhone 12 Black Friday deals articles.
Best Black Friday Samsung deals
Samsung's Galaxy line is a hugely respected range of Android phones and we've been seeing some exceptional prices on the flagship Galaxy S22.
If you're more interested in an affordable phone, it's definitely worth looking at plans on the S21 FE.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 – 250GB data, £26 per month, £25 upfront – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – 100GB data, £38 per month, £35 upfront – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – 100GB data, £46 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Affordable Mobiles
- Samsung Galaxy S22 – 100GB data, £34.61 per month, £30 upfront – buy from O2
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE – 100GB data, £27 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Fonehouse
- Samsung Galaxy A13 – 30GB data, £145 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Fonehouse
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, 350GB data, £35, £0 upfront on O2 (Flash Sale) – buy from Affordable Mobiles
For more great deals from the brand, don't miss our Samsung Black Friday deals article.
Best Black Friday Google deals
Google has thrown a lot of investment into its line of Pixel smartphones, and they're considerably affordable and well worth a look if you're searching an Android phone this Black Friday.
The latest Google Pixel 7 was released in October, but its the predecessor, the Pixel 6, that we're seeing most prominently in retailer's Black Friday sales.
- Google Pixel 7 – Unlimited data, £28 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Google Pixel 7 – 250GB data, £32 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Buymobiles
- Google Pixel 7 Pro – 1250GB data, £30 per month, £165 upfront – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Google Pixel 7 Pro – 100GB data, £40 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Buymobiles
- Google Pixel 6 – Unlimited data, £28 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Mobiles.co.uk
- Google Pixel 6 Pro – 100GB data, £36 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Affordable Mobiles
- (Flash Sale) Google Pixel 6a – 32GB Data, £18 per month, £0 upfront – buy from Affordable Mobiles
Which retailer will have the best Black Friday phone deals?
It's hard to say what constitutes the best phone deals, as it will depend on what you're after: big data, low upfront cost, or a reasonable bill at the end of each month.
But what we can say is that there's an awful lot of rivalry among phone networks and providers during Black Friday, and they'll each be trying to offer the lowest rates possible.
We reckon you're much likely to get a bargain on whatever handset you're looking for by visiting one of the sites listed below.
- Affordable Mobiles
- Carphone Warehouse
- Mobile Phones Direct
- ID Mobiles
- Buy Mobiles
- Giff Gaff
When is Black Friday 2022?
This year Black Friday is happening on November 25.
As always it lands on the day directly after the US Thanksgiving holiday.
Not that anyone in the UK will be celebrating over turkey the day before, though.
Black Friday is an American tradition that crept over to these shores a little off a decade ago, and it has grown steadily in popularity ever since.
The huge shopping bonanza is now as big as other key sale periods such as Boxing Day.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
Cyber Monday falls three days after Black Friday – so in 2022, that's Monday 28 November.
It originally got the name as it was a day of online-only deals, back when internet shopping was more of a novelty and most of the deals on Black Friday were only available in stores.
Nowadays that distinction has pretty much dissolved altogether.
You're unlikely to find many in-store deals that can't also be found on retailers websites too.
Now Cyber Monday is an opportunity for stores to send out their final wave of deals – and potentially slash prices even lower.
If you see an incredible phone deal during Black Friday, you may wish to take a gamble and see if it gets cheaper on Cyber Monday.
But that's a risky move, since that deal might end by the time the Monday comes around. So our advice is not to hang on.
Will phones be cheaper on Black Friday?
It can be tricky to work out when phones are at their absolute cheapest because so many websites run several sales a year.
Pretty much every online tech retailer will have some form of Black Friday sale, but there's no guarantee these deals will be better than the offers they've had earlier in 2022.
That said, with the sheer number of phone deals on offer over Black Friday, we'd be surprised if there weren't a good number of genuine bargains to be phone on mobiles when the tail end of November rolls around.
Is Black Friday a good time to get a new phone contract?
As we've explained above, there will be a good number of phone deals to be found around Black Friday.
However, there's no point buying a great deal on a new handset if you've still got to pay your old one off for months at the same time.
If possible, a good option would be to let your phone contract expire to a month-to-month contract and wait until Black Friday to get a new two-year deal.
That way you'll be looking to renew your phone contract during Black Friday every other year which should help you find the most competitive price.
When do Black Friday phone deals start?
For many tech retailers, the start of November is the starting gun for Black Friday deals.
We'd expect to start seeing 'Black Friday deals' from the start of the month.
Should I wait until Black Friday to buy a new phone?
For our money, if you're set on buying a new phone, you're best off waiting until the day of Black Friday itself to buy, as that's when you'll have the most possible options.
If you decide to buy earlier than that, it's worth checking to see if the retailer you're buying from has a price promise i.e. that they won't reduce the price even further come Black Friday.
What Black Friday phone deals to expect in 2022
We think you'll be able to find a Black Friday deal or two on basically every leading handset at some point in November.
The most popular offers tend to be on iPhones and Samsung Galaxy handsets, but there'll be offers to be found on Google, Huawei and OPPO too.
More Black Friday Phone Deals
- Black Friday iPhone deals
- Vodafone Black Friday deals
- Three Black Friday deals
- ID Mobile Black Friday deals
- Fonehouse Black Friday deals
Will there be any iPhone deals this year?
Phone sellers like to focus on iPhones around Black Friday because people can't get enough of Apple products.
Since there are so many retailers offering Black Friday prices these days, it's an especially good time to get a deal as various stores will be competing to provide the best deals.
So if your phone contract is winding down, keep your eyes peeled for iPhone deals from mid-November as there's sure to be some good ones.
What Android phone deals should I look out for?
Black Friday is set to offer up a wide range of Android phone deals. Samsung Galaxy handsets are pretty much guaranteed to have their prices slashed.
You'll often get more for your money if you choose a phone not made by Apple or Samsung, so if you're looking for a phone contract with a lot of data, shop around Android phones this Black Friday.
How do I get the best price on a phone this Black Friday?
You should do your research on the phone you want to buy ahead of time, so you know what a good deal is when you see one.
There are so many retailers fighting to offer consumers the best deal, having a scan around the web and comparing deals can help you save big.
Also, consider how much money you're willing to spend, then try to stick to it – trust us, it's easy to get sucked into the excitement of Black Friday and end up spending far more than you should.
If you want to ensure you're getting the best possible price on a new phone on Black Friday follow these simple steps:
- Break out your calculator and work out the monthly cost over the length of the contract (usually by 24, but not always).
- Add up any upfront costs to the total cost of the contract.
- Compare this against any other offers that catch your eye to see if you really are paying the cheapest price over the term of the contract.
Remember, the best Black Friday phone deals are likely to be on older models, so providing you're not someone who has to have a brand new flagship device, we think you'll find what you're looking for at a great price.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
- Selfridges Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deals
What Black Friday phone deals were on offer in 2021?
Last year the Apple iPhone 13 trio of handsets featured heavily in the Black Friday phone deals on offer.
While Android handsets from Samsung and Google were also on offer with pay monthly deals from as little as £26.
Check out some of the highlights from the fantastic offers from 2021 below.
iPhone 13 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 100GB, £29 upfront, £38.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £45pm, – buy here
- Vodafone, 105GB data, £0 upfront, £47pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £49 upfront, £54.25pm – buy here
iPhone 13 Mini Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £29 upfront, £34.99pm – buy here
- O2, 210GB data, £49.99 upfront, £37pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £29 upfront, £49pm – buy here
iPhone 13 Pro Black Friday deals
- O2, Unlimited data, £99.99, £50pm – buy here
- Three, Unlimited data, £49.99 upfront, £59pm – buy here
- Vodafone, 200GB data, £79.99 upfront, £47pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £30.99 – buy here
- O2, 210GB data, £49.99 upfront, £31pm – buy here
- Vodafone, £150GB, £9.99 upfront, £33pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Black Friday deals
- Three, 100GB data, £135 upfront, £38pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 50GB data, £29.99 upfront, £44.99pm – buy here
- O2, 200GB data, £0 upfront, £47pm – buy here
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Black Friday deals
- Vodafone, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £53pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £53pm – buy here
- O2, 100Gb data, £29.99 upfront, £57pm – buy here
Google Pixel 6 Black Friday deals
- Vodafone, 105GB data, £69 upfront, £26pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, 20Gb data, £9.99 upfront, £27.99pm – buy here
- O2, 250GB data, £0 upfront, £37pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £0 upfront, £35pm – buy here
iPhone 12 best Black Friday deals
- EE, 50GB data, £0 upfront, £32pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £44 upfront, £34pm – buy here
- iD Mobile, Unlimited data, £49.99 upfront, £34.99pm – buy here
iPhone 11 Black Friday deals
- iD Mobile, Unlimited data, £0 upfront, £29.99pm – buy here
- Three, 100GB data, £37 upfront, £28pm – buy here
- O2, 160GB, £75 upfront, £28pm – buy here
iD Mobile Black Friday SIM-only deals
iD Mobile had a number of SIM-only contracts for Black Friday on one-month rolling deals.
- id Mobile, 6GB data, £6 a month – buy here
- id Mobile, 12GB data, £7 a month – buy here
- id Mobile, 100GB data, £12 a month – buy here
- id Mobile, Unlimited data, £15 a month – buy here
VOXI Black Friday SIM-only deals
- VOXI 50GB 5G Plan 2021, from £15 per month – buy here
- VOXI 100GB 5G Plan 2021, from £20 per month – buy here
- VOXI Endless Data Plan 30, from £30 per month – buy here
- VOXI 15GB 5G SIM-only Plan, from £10 per month – buy here
Find out everything you need to know about Black Friday here.
Here's all the info you'll require on Cyber Monday.
And check out these key Black Friday deals.
Sun Vouchers is your one-stop shop for every deal and discount code currently available from your favourite online retailers. Don’t click ‘buy’ until you’ve checked Sun Vouchers for a discount code to apply to your basket.
Source: Read Full Article