Call of Duty Warzone getting 'graphics upgrade' to work on PS5 and Xbox Series X
CALL of Duty Warzone is reportedly in line for a big upgrade when the next Xbox and PlayStation consoles roll around later this year.
The Battle Royale game mode has proved a smash hit since it launched in March and will apparently get a graphics upgrade to match the power of the upcoming gaming machines.
Sony and Microsoft have each confirmed that their consoles – the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X respectively – will come out in time for Christmas this year.
Both are expected to be powerhouses with masses of processing power that offers gaming at up to 8K resolution.
Now Infinity Ward has all-but confirmed that Warzone will be upgraded so it looks its absolute best on the new consoles.
In an interview with GamerGen on Sunday, the studio's Taylor Kurosaki suggested the team will be working to update Call of Duty: Warzone in order to support the PS5 and Xbox Series X.
"I know that our plan is Warzone is going to be around for quite some time," he said.
"So as soon as those new systems are out and available I'm sure we'll support them."
No concrete plans have been announced yet, meaning details on the upgrade are a little light on the ground.
Based on specs revealed by Sony and Microsoft, we're hoping for Warzone to run at 4K resolution – a capability of both upcoming consoles.
It may also play at 60fps, given super smooth animations and an all-round bigger and better gaming experience.
We likely won't know more until closer to the release of the Series X and PS5, which have been slated for a "Holidays 2020" release.
Microsoft confirmed in December that its new console would be named the Xbox Series X.
The machine will apparently run games at 4K resolution – double that of HD – with the possibility of running 8K.
It will also process games faster so as to "eliminate" loading times. A new Halo title will launch with the console.
Loading up a game on the PlayStation 5 will be ten times faster than on PS4, according to Sony.
We're expecting new God of War and Horizon: Zero Dawn titles to launch with the console.
What is Call of Duty Warzone?
Warzone is a new standalone Call of Duty game that's free to play, even if you don't own a copy of the shooter.
It pits 150 players against one another in a hectic battle to be last man standing and is available to download from March 10 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Players form squads of three and the new mode supports crossplay, which means people on PlayStation and Xbox will play against one another.
There are two Warzone modes available: Traditional Battle Royale and a Plunder mode.
Battle Royale games take on roughly the same rules as Fortnite, with 150 players dropping into a huge map where they fight to be the last man standing.
As the match goes on, gamers are gradually eliminated and the map gets smaller via an ever-tightening circle of poisonous gas that you must dodge to survive.
Fortnite's own Battle Royale mode helped make the game a huge success and it seems Activision, the studio behind Modern Warfare, is following suit.
The other mode, Plunder, has players collect as much cash as they can by looting items and stealing enemies' money across the all-new map.
Call of Duty Warzone Solos – top tips
These are Activision's top tips…
- 5. Going Solo? Intel is Your Best Teammate. Along with paying attention to the Tac Map and Compass, be especially thorough about finding, and equipping, reconnaissance tools such as the Recon Drone, Heartbeat Monitor, and UAV.
- 4. Same Gulag. Same Player Count. No Buybacks. You only have one life to live in Solos. Make it count, both in the Gulag and out in Verdansk.
- 3. Consider Picking Up Contracts. This especially goes for Recon Contracts, as in Solos, the station capture time is halved compared to other modes. Complete Contracts and get Cash to further build up your loadout at Buy Stations.
- 2. … and Stay Down. Self-Revive Kits are in Solos. If it’s getting late into a game and you’re wary of an enemy after knocking them to zero health, double check that they are out for good before moving on.
- 1. Learn from Your Solos. While you may have less of a chance at winning Solos, take the lessons you learn into your next game with the squad. Who knows? A few Solos matches could be the difference between losing your next Battle Royale trios game and a hard-fought victory.
In other news, check out our guide to Call of Duty Modern Warfare season 3.
Call of Duty recently banned 50,000 Warzone players for cheating.
And here are some Warzone Plunder tips revealed by Pro gamer Spratt.
What's your favourite load-out in Warzone? Let us know in the comments!
Source: Read Full Article