Check your Facebook and Instagram settings NOW – someone might be spying on you
WHETHER you're ignoring a message because you're busy or simply intend not to reply, you may want to make sure the sender can't see that you're online.
For Facebook and Instagram messages this requires turning off your activity status and you can follow the simple steps below.
How to hide when you're online on Facebook
Open Facebook and click the three horizontal lines.
Then, scroll down until you can click "Settings" and then "Active Status".
Then, click "Turn off Active Status".
Your Facebook friends will no longer be able to see that you are active or were recently active.
How to hide when you're online on Instagram
Open the app and click on your profile.
Tap the three lines in the top right hand corner and click "Settings".
Then, click "Privacy" and "Activity Status".
Then turn the toggle next to "Show activity status" off.
Instagram warns: "When this is turned off, you won't be able to see the activity status of other accounts".
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to use your iPhone's Apple logo as a BUTTON
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
In other news, Musk is working on a Tesla robot that looks like a human – and will perform "boring or dangerous tasks".
WhatsApp is working on a feature that could see your messages disappear after 90 days.
And, Twitter is having to make changes to its redesign of the app after users complained about headaches and migraines.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article