Facebook is blocking people from beloved feature on iPhone – is yours affected? | The Sun
IF you're having problems with dark mode on Facebook then you're not alone.
Users across the world have complained that the feature has mysteriously stopped working on their iPhone.
An annoying glitch is causing the app to revert back to the traditional bright mode each time you open it.
Dark mode swaps white and other bright colours for darker tones and black, which not only puts less strain on your eyes but can save battery as well.
It's become super popular in recent years across apps including WhatsApp, Instagram and Google Chrome.
The issue on Facebook appears to have started after a recent app update.
Read more about Facebook
Facebook AI bot thinks MUSK should buy firm – but it likes another tech titan more
Facebook robot brands Mark Zuckerberg as ‘creepy and manipulative’
379.0, the latest version of Facebook's iOS app, was designed to "fix some crashes and make features load faster" according to the firm's own release notes.
Instead, it seems to have created new problems altogether.
"@facebook Can you please sort out the issues with Dark Mode settings asap," one user tweeted.
"I am visually impaired and when dark mode is disabled it plays havoc with my eyes."
Most read in Tech
Inside FLYING HOTEL twice size of Boeing 747 capable of carrying 3,000 people
Top-secret Apple headset 'coming soon' – what to expect from the new gadget
Two numbers are hidden within this optical illusion – can you spot them?
You're using your iPhone WRONG – 4 tricks you probably didn't know
Another piped: "Facebook keeps changing my profile from dark mode to light mode and I’m blinded every time. STOP."
A person third added: "Facebook needs to fix the dark mode bug.
"I opened Facebook this morning and I felt the power of 1000 suns hit my eyes."
It's not clear when Facebook will fix the bug.
How to turn on dark mode on Facebook
When dark mode is working, you can usually switch it on like this.
Go to the Menu and find Settings & Privacy at the bottom.
Under Preferences, you should see Dark mode last.
Read More on The Sun
I saved £20k in 2 years for house deposit with my clever side hustle
We’ve had no oven for 7 MONTHS as Wickes turned dream kitchen into nightmare
Here you can switch it to On and it should change straight away.
Alternatively, if you've got your iPhone set to dark mode more generally, you can choose the System option, which means Facebook will do whatever your iPhone says – when the Facebook app isn't broken of course.
Why does it feel like Facebook is snooping on you?
Here’s what you need to know…
- The magic of targeted advertising is that it should feel relevant to you – even if you can't figure out why.
- Facebook doesn't need to spy on your real-life conversations, because you hand over so much information anyway.
- Follow this link and you'll be able to download everything Facebook knows about you. Most of you will quickly realise it's a staggering amount of information.
- Advertisers can use information gleaned from your activity all across the web, on multiple devices, even if you're not logged into Facebook or other services.
- They'll likely know where you live, what you like, who your friends are, how much money you make, your political beliefs and much more.
- So when you get ads for something you've talked about out loud, it's almost certainly just advertisers being very good at predicting your interests.
- It's also possible that there's an advertising campaign running, and you've seen an ad and not noticed. You've then spoken about it, never realising you've been advertised to, and only then notice future ads – which suddenly seem suspicious.
- Let's say you talked about a holiday to Scotland, and then all of a sudden you're being advertised holidays to Scotland.
- You may never have searched for anything to do with that before.
- But Facebook could use info about your level of wealth, your past holiday interests, the time of year (ads for wintry Scottish retreats are common in the colder months), and your location.
- What seems like snooping is actually just clever advertising.
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to delete your Instagram account
- What does pending mean on Snapchat?
- How to check if you've been blocked on WhatsApp
- How to drop a pin on Google Maps
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How to go live on TikTok
- How to clear the cache on an iPhone
- What is NFT art?
- What is OnlyFans?
- What does Meta mean?
Get all the latest WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadget stories here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article