Google warning: Silly mistake using up all your phone storage can be fixed with ONE click
ALL those apps, photos and videos soon stack up on your phone hogging much of the storage.
But these are only the obvious data-hungry culprits – hiding under the hood are some you're less aware of.
One of the biggest is the cache.
The cache is all the crumbs of data left behind by apps – even ones you've deleted.
They exist to make things run a bit smoother, but can have the total opposite effect when they build up.
Cache files tend to be quite small, but they quickly add up into quite a hefty heap.
Read more about Android
Warning for Android users over virus that lets scammers your intercept calls
Apple and Android warning over virtual assistants ‘recording everything you say’
Thankfully, you can clear them which is great if you need the space and a speed boost.
How to clear the cache on Android
You need to clear the cache stored by each individual app, it can't be done all at once.
To do this, go to Settings and select Apps.
Most read in News Tech
DOGG EAT DOGG WORLD
Snoop Dogg removes ALL Death Row Records music from Spotify
DOGG EAT DOGG WORLD
I'm an Apple expert – turn on iPhone setting that could save your life one day
Cheapest Apple AirPods deal right now only costs £108 – how to find it
Ring Doorbell and Echo Dot drop to less than £40 at Argos for limited time
You'll see a full list of apps you have installed.
Tap which ever one you want to clear cache from and find Storage.
Read More on The Sun
Ronaldo shared heartbreaking moments of joy at BBQ before son’s tragic death
Mystery of stranger parking car on driveway for 7 days is SOLVED
And lastly, choose Clear Cache.
Now you'll see the cache go down to zero and you can repeat on every other app you like.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article