How to change AirDrop name on iPhone
AIRDROP is a useful iPhone feature that allows you to send just about anything to other Apple devices nearby.
It's especially useful for sharing bigger files that the likes of WhatsApp or Gmail might not be able to handle.
And even more useful if you want to quickly transfer something like a screenshot from your iPhone to a Mac computer.
However, when sending stuff between friends you'll want to make sure you're sending it to the right person and vice versa.
If you've got an embarrassing nickname on yours, you might want to change it.
Though remember to be careful who you allow to AirDrop your iPhone, as you could get some unsolicited nude photos from sickos in public.
Read more about iPhone
Here’s how to record your iPhone screen as a video clip
10 genius iPhone Easter eggs – including hidden Steve Jobs tribute
Can you change your AirDrop name?
You can change your AirDrop name, though it's not exclusive to this feature.
AirDrop uses your phone's name, so if you want to change it for AirDrop you'll have to look there.
To do this, go to Settings, followed by About.
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
Millions of iPhone users could be affected by new messaging regulations
Warning for Samsung users as pre-installed app could let hacker control phone
How much does it REALLY cost to leave your TV on standby 24/7?
How to track someone on Google Maps
Here, you'll see Name – select it and type your desired name.
Then you're done, the name you choose here will appear whenever someone tries to AirDrop you.
Read More on The Sun
Katie Price’s ex takes legal action as she compares him to paedo Jimmy Savile
Ronaldo ‘assaulted’ my son, 14, then acted like we owed HIM a favour
Don't have an iPhone?
Don't fret – Android has a version of it's own for you.
- Read all the latest Phones & Gadgets news
- Keep up-to-date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
Best Phone and Gadget tips and hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find those secret features within social media apps? We have you covered…
- How to get your deleted Instagram photos back
- How to track someone on Google Maps
- How can I increase my Snapchat score?
- How can I change my Facebook password?
- How can I do a duet on TikTok?
- Here's how to see if your Gmail has been hacked
- How can I change my Amazon Alexa voice in seconds?
- What is dating app Bumble?
- How can I test my broadband internet speed?
- Here's how to find your Sky TV remote in SECONDS
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article