How to get more iPhone storage if it's FULL – easy tricks to boost space
IT can be very annoying when your iPhone storage is full but there's usually a few ways to fix the issue.
We've rounded up some of the best ways to save on storage and grab some space back.
Delete useless apps
This may seem obvious but you might be surprised about the amount of useless apps on your iPhone.
Go through all your apps and delete any you may have forgotten you downloaded or just some that you never use anymore.
Just hold the app down and press the “x” to delete.
Optimise your photo storage
For big photography fans, photos can take up a lot of iPhone storage.
You can optimise how they're stored by going to Settings and clicking on "Photos".
Then, make sure "Optimise iPhone Storage" is selected.
Stop automatic WhatsApp downloads
The popular chat app can leave you with lots of unwanted content automatically saved on your phone.
There are two ways to stop this on iPhone.
The first is to open WhatsApp, click "Settings" and then "Storage and Data".
Then click "Chats" and turn off a toggle called "Save to Camera Roll".
You can also stop the app downloading media from individual chats.
Simply go on the desired chat, click on its title at the top and change the settings via the "Save to Camera Roll" option.
Clear your browser cache
Your iPhone might be storing a lot of website history and data that you no longer need.
It's quick and easy to clear the cache for Safari on an iPhone.
Clearing the caches for Safari and Chrome will log you out of your most-visited websites, so remind yourself of your passwords before you start cache clearing.
To clear your cache for Safari, open Settings and then swipe down to "Safari", then tap to enter "Safari settings".
In your Safari settings, scroll down until you reach "Clear history and website data", under the privacy and security section, then tap to activate.
Tap again to confirm – and it's as simple as that.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X or later model), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you're due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you're down to 80% capacity. If you're below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
In other news, nine apps have had to be removed from the Google Play Store after they were caught stealing Facebook passwords.
Facebook is facing backlash in the US over plans to create a version of Instagram for children under 13.
And, influencers who don’t clearly state if they’ve edited photos which are advertisements could be fined or imprisoned in Norway due to a new law.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article