How to track a UPS order, leave instructions for delivery, or find a missing package
- You can track any UPS order directly on the UPS website and find out exactly when your package will arrive.
- On the Tracking Details page, you'll find information on where your package has been picked up and scanned, as well as the expected delivery date and time.
- For lost or damaged packages, you can file an online claim.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
For orders being delivered through UPS, you can track your package directly on their website. You can also elect to receive updates on your package, manage incoming packages, and file a claim if your package has been lost or damaged. Here's how it's done.
How to track a UPS order on the UPS website
1. Go to the UPS website.
2. Click the "Quick Start" tab.
3. Enter your tracking number in the box under "Track," then click the arrow icon. Alternatively, you can search for your package using a reference number by clicking "Track by Reference Number" on the Tracking page.
4. Check the status of your package. Here, you can see an overview or a detailed view of your shipment progress.
How to track a UPS order using UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice members can make additional changes to a delivery. Membership is free and includes basic features like delivery alerts, "leave at" instructions, and the option to leave your package with a neighbor. Enhanced services like delivering your package on another day and delivering to another address are available on demand for a fee — a paid premium membership includes all enhanced services.
1. Go to the UPS website.
2. Click the "UPS My Choice" tab, then click "Track and Manage Home Deliveries."
3. Sign up for UPS My Choice or log in to your account.
4. In the "My Delivery Planner" section, select the tracking number of a shipment to view tracking details.
5. Check the status of your package.
How to contact UPS for package issues
1. Go to the UPS website. Scroll down to the "Customer Service" section and click "Help and Support Center."
2. Write your question for the UPS Virtual Assistant in the chat box, then click "Ask Now."
3. Alternatively, navigate to the "Claims Support" page.
4. Start a claim for a lost or damaged package. UPS defines a lost package as one that "has not been delivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time."
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to change the shipping address for an Amazon order
How to cancel a Postmates order, whether you've just ordered it or scheduled it in advance
How to track your Amazon order on a computer or mobile device
How to track an eBay order if the seller has provided tracking information, or contact the seller for updates
'How do Amazon pre-orders work?': How to pre-order applicable items on Amazon
Source: Read Full Article