Nifty WhatsApp trick lets you 'pin' your favourite chats to the top of the app – how to do it on iPhone and Android
IF YOU'VE ever had trouble finding your favourite chats on WhatsApp, this genius trick will solve your woes.
You can "pin" any chats of your choosing to the top of the app to make them easier to access whenever you open WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is booming in popularity – roughly 2billion people use it every month.
And if you're constantly nattering on the app, it's easy to lose track of key conversations.
Busy group chats full of work pals or that stag/hen night can bury a partner or family member low down in your chat list.
But it's possible to permanently stick them at the top of your feed. The trick works for both one-on-one conversations and group chats.
How to pin WhatsApp chats on Android, iPhone and desktop
On an Android phone, tap and hold the chat you want to pin.
Then tap the Pin icon that appears at the top of the screen.
To unpin the chat, tap and hold it, then tap the Remove Pin icon.
On an iPhone, swipe right on the chat you want to pin.
Then tap Pin, which will lock the chat to the top of your app.
WhatsApp – a quick history
Here's what you need to know…
- WhatsApp was created in 2009 by computer programmers Brian Acton and Jan Koum – former employees of Yahoo
- It's one of the most popular messaging services in the world
- Koum came up with the name WhatsApp because it sounded like "what's up"
- After a number of tweaks the app was released with a messaging component in June 2009, with 250,000 active users
- It was originally free but switched to a paid service to avoid growing too fast. Then in 2016, it became free again for all users
- Facebook bought WhatsApp Inc in February 2014 for $19.3billion (£14.64bn)
- The app is particularly popular because all messages are encrypted during transit, shutting out snoopers
- As of January 2018, WhatsApp has over 1.5billion users globally
To unpin a chat, swipe right on the pinned chat and then tap Unpin.
If you're using WhatsApp for desktop, click the down arrow at the right side of a chat.
Then choose Pin to pin the chat.
Alternatively, to unpin a chat, follow the same steps but press Unpin Chat.
Remember that you can only pin up to three specific chats to the top of your chat list.
In other news, find out how to read deleted WhatsApp messages on your phone.
You can sign up to the beta version of the app to get all of the latest features before the general public.
Another secret trick lets you change your WhatsApp font to confuse your mates.
Do you know any good WhatsApp tricks? Let us know in the comments!
Source: Read Full Article