Samsung Galaxy Flip Z could be first CHEAP foldable phone ever – coming 'next year'
SAMSUNG could be bringing out a cheap foldable phone next year.
The tech giant already has a few of the infamous foldable devices in its Galaxy range but all have quite hefty price tags.
According to the latest industry report from Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC), Samsung could be bringing out a Galaxy Z Flip 3 in 2021.
The report suggests this foldable smartphone would be cheaper than current models despite being newer.
DSCC has made accurate predictions about Samsung in the past.
The rumoured phone could have a price tag thats under $1,000 (around £750).
The report states: "Expectations for the Z Flip 3, Z Fold 3 and a 3rd foldable expected by Samsung to hit the lowest price points yet."
Samsung's first folding smartphone drew much controversy because of its easily breakable screen.
The original Samsung Galaxy Fold first came out last year.
All its problems seem to be under control for now.
The new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G is the current step up and would set you back just under £1,800.
As with all rumours and predictions we won't know for sure about a new cheap foldable device until official word from Samsung.
Samsung – a brief history
Here’s what you need to know…
- Samsung is a major South Korean company made up of many businesses that operate globally
- It's known locally as a "chaebol", which means "business conglomerate"
- It was founded by Lee Byung-chul in 1938 as a trading company
- But over several decades, it branched out into food processing, insurance, textiles and retail
- It wasn't until the late 1960s when Samsung entered the electronics industry – for which it's best known in the west today
- It also launched businesses in construction and shipbuilding in the 1970s
- Today, Samsung's most important sources of income are its smartphones and computer chips
- The firm accounts for around a fifth of South Korea's total exports, and roughly 17% of the country's GDP
- More than 320,000 staff are employed by Samsung globally
- And in 2017, Samsung turned over the equivalent of £174billion today in revenue
In other news, Instagram has added a new Vanish Mode that lets you send self-deleting texts.
Highly anticipated video game Cyberpunk 2077 has finally been released but there's been reports it has caused seizures.
And, check out our iPhone 12 review.
What are your thoughts on foldable phones? Let us know in the comments..
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article